• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Jonny B. Goode

Light-up Switch Docks

So, I was browsing Switch Accessories on Amazon and came across these little beauties. There isn't a whole lot of information to go off of, except that they will be released on November 10th, 2017 and that there are two designs to choose from: the Mario: Odyssey and Zelda: BotW. It would appear that regardless of the design you choose, that the LEDs will be able to change into a variety of 17 different colors and patterns. The price tag is $19.99 which I think is reasonable considering a lot of other accessories for our beloved console are on the higher end. The only thing that concerns me is how large is the LED device and does it make the small and inconspicuous dock a lot larger? I love how the dock looks nestled next to my PS4 with, or without the Switch docked, and I worry that while this device makes the dock more aesthetically pleasing, it will also take up a lot more space. The only phots of this device are from a straight on angle. 61NxcF2secL._AC_.jpg.053f2ecfe7280718bae695ccebe75880.jpg

I think that this is a very cool product and I hope to learn more about it soon. Let me know what you all think and if you could see yourself purchasing one.716TaEUus-L._AC_.jpg.f58ad60f5683b12583d05a1c81713f28.jpg

• Like 5

Have you ever gone to a tourist trap and seen where they have a photo etched into glass or plastic? the outside is smooth but inside it's etched somehow. They then shine LEDs through the glass..... I imagine that's what this is. If I'm right it'll probably be a few centimeters thick.

This ones below are fairly thick because they're designed to be fancy stand alone things, but the effect can be made thinner. With what they're showing on the switch, there's no depth in the image so it can be fairly thin.

IMG_4233.jpg

e6ec0616bab587201b2191a737383238--glass-engraving-laser-engraving-ideas.jpg

• Like 1

those are all so insanely cool, thanks for sharing guys! I may have to get some!

• Like 1

The Zelda design is so much better as i dont like having brands on stuff like that so the zelda pattern is better

• Like 1

I’m not really crazy about either of the designs, but the idea seems really cool! I’d certainly be interested in getting one of another design... but only if someone else on here got one first and it was recommended. The giant Elvis poster, on the other hand, is a day one purchase.

So, I was browsing Switch Accessories on Amazon and came across these little beauties. There isn't a whole lot of information to go off of, except that they will be released on November 10th, 2017 and that there are two designs to choose from: the Mario: Odyssey and Zelda: BotW. It would appear that regardless of the design you choose, that the LEDs will be able to change into a variety of 17 different colors and patterns. The price tag is $19.99 which I think is reasonable considering a lot of other accessories for our beloved console are on the higher end. The only thing that concerns me is how large is the LED device and does it make the small and inconspicuous dock a lot larger? I love how the dock looks nestled next to my PS4 with, or without the Switch docked, and I worry that while this device makes the dock more aesthetically pleasing, it will also take up a lot more space. The only phots of this device are from a straight on angle. [ATTACH=full]21389[/ATTACH]

I think that this is a very cool product and I hope to learn more about it soon. Let me know what you all think and if you could see yourself purchasing one.[ATTACH=full]21390[/ATTACH]

I feel like the lights while heat up the console and potentially damage it over time...

The Zelda design is so much better as i dont like having brands on stuff like that so the zelda pattern is better

You don't like having brands on your stuff....... so the other brand is better?

You don't like having brands on your stuff....... so the other brand is better?

Well, Super Mario is a brand name. The Sheikah symbol on the Zelda themed dock light is more ambiguous. If you've never played the game, you might not know that symbol, whereas everyone on the plant knows who Super Mario is. It's like having a tshirt with the logo for a tv show vs having one with just a random character or reference on it. (i.e. Parks & Recreation Tshirt vs Mouse Rat tshirt)

There may be replies this thread. Create an account or sign in to read and/or comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Important Information

Please accept/review our Terms of UsePrivacy PolicyWe have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. policies!