• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Jonny B. Goode

Nintendo Labo

I loved this. Amazing and fun. But I wonder if the games will have more depth than I have supposed? The games I've seen don't seem to be very deep. More like tech demos. Fun, for sure. But I don't know what will happen.

If I were 7-9 I would be all over this. I used to make things out of cardboard all the time as a kid. Knives and swords mostly, but I made a 'jetpack' one time out of milk cartons and boxes. It was pretty dope. I love this idea, but I am not sure how many parents will spend that kind of dough on carboard and rubber bands. How many hours of use can you really get before the contraption fails at some point? I would buy it for my kids if I had children, and I may buy it just for myself(the fishing pole looks like great fun).

• Like 1

If I were 7-9 I would be all over this. I used to make things out of cardboard all the time as a kid. Knives and swords mostly, but I made a 'jetpack' one time out of milk cartons and boxes. It was pretty dope. I love this idea, but I am not sure how many parents will spend that kind of dough on carboard and rubber bands. How many hours of use can you really get before the contraption fails at some point? I would buy it for my kids if I had children, and I may buy it just for myself(the fishing pole looks like great fun).

To be fair, it looks like pretty durable cardboard, great build quality. If you took care of it and no accidents, etc. I think it could last for years, depending on the climate and how you stored it.

I think the problem is that kids will get bored too fast to have much fun

I think the problem is that kids will get bored too fast to have much fun

It’s like LEGO; the fun is in construction. Do you actually play with the toys after you build them for more than a few minutes? I did play with some of my Star Wars LEGOs, but my daughter hardly touches hers whenever she is done building.

Very expensive cardboard imo, to which we get alot from products and deliveries anyway. 

Dont get me wrong it's cool and I appreciate that it will encourage creativity in kids and I have no doubts some amazing people will find ways to do really impressive things with it that no one else will have thought of.

With that said its just not for me and that's okay to each there own.

There may be replies this thread. Create an account or sign in to read and/or comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now