• Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
  • Our picks

• Proud to announce that as of today NintendoRadar is now available in app-form on all your favorite mobile devices! We had a feeling you might like one *cough, ahem, a'choo* 
        • Mind Blown
        • Thumbs Up
      • 9 replies
    • I finally got around to finishing Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn and I have to say I had a lot of fun with it. I don't mind the crude, verging on racist, humor and the play style is reminiscent of early 90s beat 'em ups. There's even a move where you hit A to land a size 22 kick that launches the enemy straight into the screen just like TMNT IV: Turtles in Time. Shaq Fu never takes itself seriously, poking fun at crowd funding and the game itself. All of the old beat 'em up tropes are present and accounted for; endless enemies, random things in the background and foreground to smash, the odd object you can use as a weapon until it breaks, etc. At $20 USD in the eshop I think that the price is a bit steep for the amount of game time you'll get from it, if you play it on easy you can walk through this game in one sitting and I don't see much replay value in it. Harder difficulties does make it a longer process though. There is a DLC pack called "Barack Fu"  that opens up a new story line where you play as President Obama, the humor continues as one of "Dirty Barry's" moves lets you call in a "Peace Prize" drone strike. Nintendo's eShop says it released on June 5, but I can't seem to find it. The game's website says that physical copies come with a code to download a "bonus game" later this month. I haven't seen what that game is yet but I would suspect that it is the DLC so if you really want to fight as Barack Obama the physical version might save you a bit of money. Overall I give Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn a solid 5 out of 7 Size 22 Reebok Pumps. Pick it up if you find it on sale, and you enjoy old school beat 'em ups (think TMNT IV style with some off color humor and a stupid plot).
      • 1 reply
    • e3
      • 10 replies
    •  Watch the Nintendo Direct E3 Event all over again!
      • 1 reply
    •  Get it right now on the Nintendo Switch eShop!
        • Thumbs Up
      • 7 replies
  • Join our community today!

Join our Nintendo community! Ask questions, create clubs, share news and join the excitement! 

Buzz

Win a Nintendo Switch - Giveaway Competition

giveaway.png

To help kickstart our new community we are giving away a Nintendo Switch! 

This giveaway is all about getting people involved in NintendoRadar. Sharing news, questions, ideas, videos and more! If you use reddit, you'll get on just fine here!

So to enter, just sign up, post in this thread! Letting us know why you'd like a Switch!

If you want to increase your chances of winning, post, share news, ideas and participate in the community!

The software is less likely to pick someone who doesn't post. No spamming please.

(as we have recently changed forum software, we are still in the process of getting a new giveaway solution, in the meantime post in this thread and I'll ensure you get an entry when the new giveaway/raffle system is set up!)

• Like 1

Oh. This is interesting. 

And because im broke and still can't get one

Edited by Ashi

I would love to win one but who wouldn't! Mine was given away to family since they wanted one and couldn't afford it, its kind of a joint one but I dont see them that much.

Any case Im currently waiting for a "price drop" if I ever buy one again which is probably like 2-3 years if Im lucky xD More realistically 5 or never...

Regardless hope the site grows and some lucky bugger gets to enjoy this awesome gift!

• Like 1

I really want to win the switch. I practically grew up with Nintendo, but my family couldn`t afford buying them anymore and I can only playany games
 if I go to a friends house. I wanted to save for it but I need my savings for when I go to university next year. So I either win one or steal one (JK) and I don`t think I could handle jail so please let me win.

image.jpeg.fe75ceded8c4e6d9ef6d87cb40b015f3.jpeg

My son has wanted a switch since they came out! I told my son the only way I could get him one is if I won It........and every morning he asks me when it’s coming!!!!!!!!!! He draws pictures of  Super Mario odyssey and leaves them around the house for me! He watches people playing the switch on you tube at every opportunity and when there’s no WiFi he makes his own ‘offline’ YouTube ‘videos’ pretending he’s playing Odyssey. This boy insists he will be the best Super Mario Odyssey player there ever was. I must enable him to fulfill his destiny!!!!! 

I was recently diagnosed with a brain cloud, and I am taking one final trip to Waponi Woo, a small volcanic island in the South Pacific. A Switch will be very helpful in killing time during the long voyage by yacht. The Switch's worth will truly be evident should tragedy befall the yacht, and I find myself floating on nothing but my luggage.

In the event that this is a false diagnosis, I would like to win a second Switch for my daughter, so we can play co-op games that require a second system.

• Like 3

I would like to enter.  I've had big plans to get a Switch without enough wisdom and long-term planning to be able to afford one.  If I manage to sell my old games, I'd have enough for a few Switch games, but still not enough for the console itself.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd love a switch, haven't had a Nintendo system since the gamecube and my daughter loves playing Mario Kart at her friends house and it would be great to play as a family.

Edited by bobbobbins
fuller explaination

I could use my own, my brother technically owns ours so....

• Like 1

Broke people incoming !

But seriously, I'd love to have a switch for all its exclusive titles, mostly Mario+Rabbids and LoZ Breath of the Wild. Oh, and the mysterious Pokemon Switch coming ♥

Fair play, what a giveaway! 

I would love to win a Nintendo Switch because my boyfriend wants one, and his birthday is coming up. He knows I won't have the money to buy him a Switch for a few years, so it would feel pretty awesome to be able to surprise him with one so soon. 

He is very keen to play the Zelda game, and I tried to pacify him at Christmas with Link's Awakening for GBA. However, I know he would prefer to be playing Breath of the Wild on his very own, surprise Nintendo Switch. 

• Like 1

This would be a dream come true for my family in South Africa.  Things are difficult there for them and this is something they would never have the money for.  So to win it for them, and get them a selection of games would be amazing.

I love sending them things that they would never ever dream they would own or have.

• Like 1

I would love to have a Nintendo Switch, I never had a gaming console and when this new Nintendo one came out I never stopped wishing to have that, but my family says they would never have the money for. Furthermore my brother's birthday is arriving, my parents won't give him nothing and this will be the perfect gift for him. 

I want to have a Nintendo Switch so I can play all the great games that are currently out.

I would like a chance for a Nintendo Switch too but it is pretty expensive though. For my son

• Like 1

I need a switch in my life to stop me from falling asleep on my long and tedious daily commute on the train to work. It's actually quite depressing 😔 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AcDc said:

I need a switch in my life to stop me from falling asleep on my long and tedious daily commute on the train to work. It's actually quite depressing 😔 

good luck AcDc :)

Some  games me and my family would love to play are Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, and Mario Kart 8. I know everyone wants to play these games but I'd just love to be able to play these with my little brothers. My ideal game night would definitely be playing with my two little brothers and friends causing some havoc in Mario Kart 8. Just imagining us all playing the Switch together would be a blast especially since none of my friends have the Switch so I've never played it let alone have even seen the console. Thank you so much with what you're considering on doing it really makes me so happy when people even consider doing giveaways. I will definitely be active in this community from now on. :) Happy gaming everyone!

• Like 2

Just now, dimensionshadow said:

Some  games me and my family would love to play are Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, and Mario Kart 8. I know everyone wants to play these games but I'd just love to be able to play these with my little brothers. My ideal game night would definitely be playing with my two little brothers and friends causing some havoc in Mario Kart 8. Just imagining us all playing the Switch together would be a blast especially since none of my friends have the Switch so I've never played it let alone have even seen the console. Thank you so much with what you're considering on doing it really makes me so happy when people even consider doing giveaways. I will definitely be active in this community from now on. :) Happy gaming everyone!

those are some nice games! good luck :)

I’m nobody special, and I have no amazing reason to have a Switch besides my love for Nintendo.

I’ve almost saved up enough for one, so if by some miracle I actually win, I want to give this switch to my best friend so we can play Splatoon 2 and complete Zelda together :3

Through thick and thin, Nintendo brings people together, I think we could all do with a little more togetherness in our lives.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TexanPlatypus said:

I’m nobody special, and I have no amazing reason to have a Switch besides my love for Nintendo.

I’ve almost saved up enough for one, so if by some miracle I actually win, I want to give this switch to my best friend so we can play Splatoon 2 and complete Zelda together :3

Through thick and thin, Nintendo brings people together, I think we could all do with a little more togetherness in our lives.

Competition over people, TexanPlatypus wins.... xD9_9 jk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There may be replies this thread. Create an account or sign in to read and/or comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Important Information

Please accept/review our Terms of UsePrivacy PolicyWe have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. policies!