• Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
  • Our picks

• I finally got around to finishing Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn and I have to say I had a lot of fun with it. I don't mind the crude, verging on racist, humor and the play style is reminiscent of early 90s beat 'em ups. There's even a move where you hit A to land a size 22 kick that launches the enemy straight into the screen just like TMNT IV: Turtles in Time. Shaq Fu never takes itself seriously, poking fun at crowd funding and the game itself. All of the old beat 'em up tropes are present and accounted for; endless enemies, random things in the background and foreground to smash, the odd object you can use as a weapon until it breaks, etc. At $20 USD in the eshop I think that the price is a bit steep for the amount of game time you'll get from it, if you play it on easy you can walk through this game in one sitting and I don't see much replay value in it. Harder difficulties does make it a longer process though. There is a DLC pack called "Barack Fu"  that opens up a new story line where you play as President Obama, the humor continues as one of "Dirty Barry's" moves lets you call in a "Peace Prize" drone strike. Nintendo's eShop says it released on June 5, but I can't seem to find it. The game's website says that physical copies come with a code to download a "bonus game" later this month. I haven't seen what that game is yet but I would suspect that it is the DLC so if you really want to fight as Barack Obama the physical version might save you a bit of money. Overall I give Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn a solid 5 out of 7 Size 22 Reebok Pumps. Pick it up if you find it on sale, and you enjoy old school beat 'em ups (think TMNT IV style with some off color humor and a stupid plot).
      • 1 reply
    • e3
      • 10 replies
    •  Watch the Nintendo Direct E3 Event all over again!
      • 1 reply
    •  Get it right now on the Nintendo Switch eShop!
        • Thumbs Up
      • 7 replies
    • Proud to announce that as of today NintendoRadar is now available in app-form on all your favorite mobile devices! We had a feeling you might like one *cough, ahem, a'choo* 
        • Mind Blown
        • Thumbs Up
      • 9 replies
  • Join our community today!

Join our Nintendo community! Ask questions, create clubs, share news and join the excitement! 

Last one for awhile now then Ill stop flooding the pages xD 

Recently took interest and whilst I dont have the space and or tool to do this I highly encourage anyone who is able to take a  look at this ^^

Introducing the Raspberry Switch 

Instructions, files are provided on this fans site including a custom dock for it, now I know some will say, why not get a switch instead.

Well this isn't about just owning something it's about making something and the aesthetics of a switch style handheld for retro gaming has always been a great idea for being portable and easily dock able for big screen gaming. 

• Like 1

That is actually quite amazing, it's got me wanting a 3D printer to try and make my own!

I took a fascination into raspberry pi devices too a few months ago. As I alluded to in another thread, I have something on Kickstarter coming that should be able to play retropi! :D 

I had actually ordered this: http://www.8bcraft.com/ but then cancelled when I read that the Pi Zero has some trouble playing certain snes games.

DSC0044-600x600.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51fXToQVzEU

• Like 1

Yh Pi Zero is great for portability reasons but it struggles on emulation :/

As for the 3d printer, ikr I keep seeing soo many cool uses for them involving lots of different projects and its very tempting.

Hell I had a statue of a dark souls character made and it looks better than any of the offical ones at a fraction of the cost, of course I had a professional to paint it because lord knows I'd ruin it xD

• Like 1

Shield K1 was awesome but ironic downside to the switch was that Nvidia are out of the tablet game so no new Shield tablet or successors as all their resources go to Nintendo now.

Shame since I really wanted a shield portable 2 but I guess gpd win covers that market now.

61rpUV9K+tL._SL1000_.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SebTheDeer said:

Shield K1 was awesome but ironic downside to the switch was that Nvidia are out of the tablet game so no new Shield tablet or successors as all their resources go to Nintendo now.

Shame since I really wanted a shield portable 2 but I guess gpd win covers that market now.

61rpUV9K+tL._SL1000_.jpg

I had a GPD WIn, it was good if you don't mind navigating through Windows 10 on a small screen with the thumbsticks... and it didn't play PSP games all that well which really irked me. So I ended up returning it as it was quite expensive.

But hey @MrSandMan17 look what I splashed out on and purchased the other day :D

https://www.instagram.com/p/BboqB12n1Rb/?taken-by=sb.retromods

• Like 2

AWwww daymmmm son looking good xD

Jelly! Hows it play, managed to enjoy some Game boy goodness yet?

Im looking at one of these to replace my very old dingoo a320 -  RetroGame handheld - basically a custom os version of the Revo Kplus 101 but fans ported Dingux  over to it for custom modding and emulators so its pretty neat.

Plus the D-pads good which is a deal breaker for me! ( Just ignore the stupid Chinese marketing of showing random generic modern game pics on the handheld for retro games xD Oh china you so crazy )

719cEyuQm5L._SL1010_.jpg

Edited by MrSandMan17
  • Like 1

That's beautiful, I've actually saw them around and watched a review on one, I was going to buy one for GBA games and the form factor/display/controls were PERFECT! But out of curiosity I looked up GBA's and found people modding them! Nostalgia kicked in and I decided to just settle on a modded gba w/ backlit ags-101 screen from a guy on etsy (the full nostalgia factor). Here's my new baby, which should be on its way from the US shortly:

Screen Shot 2018-02-26 at 22.11.30.png

I'm planning on starting a GB collection. I wanted the backlit screen from the  *newer* GBA SP but didn't like the SP's form factor, I preferred the old form factor and what do you know - someone sells modded GBAs with SP Backlit screens. I had originally chosen a crystal clear one with red buttons and black sides/shoulders... but changed my order to the one above at the last minute. Really excited to get back into the gameboy!

As for the 1up raspberry pi 3 console I ordered, there's a guy in the UK that does them so I should have that maybe this week sometime or next week... Scotlands getting battered by the snow right now lol. I wish the 1up had a proper d-pad but if it bothers me too much I may flip it on eBay. Here's some more pics of my emulation beast (I chose to get the blue one):

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 14.53.54.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-28 at 14.53.36.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-28 at 14.54.00.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-28 at 14.54.46.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-28 at 14.54.55.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-28 at 14.55.05.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-28 at 14.55.16.png

• Like 1

Tell me about it Im getting snowed in over here too xD

That's awesome and makes sense I liked the idea of modding the hardware for the better screen but awhile back I sold my retro collection, had it all atari 2600 till latest gen with all the obscure brands like Turbografx ect in between.

I miss it sometimes but it was such an expensive hobby and used up so much room!

Definitely  a good idea to collect for handhelds like gba though, you get best of all the early gb titles on it and in a small factor.

Glad your happy with it and that's an awesome looking system right there :D

• Like 1

Oh also I guess I'm a dog now xD realised the sight supported gifs for profile and was like insta throwing my Dark souls animated pixel art in there ... I might have a slight obsession with them.... just a tad ... not like I keep 3d printed figures of the characters around or anything....

9_inch_gael_the_slave_knight_final_print

31 minutes ago, MrSandMan17 said:

Oh also I guess I'm a dog now xD realised the sight supported gifs for profile and was like insta throwing my Dark souls animated pixel art in there ... I might have a slight obsession with them.... just a tad ... not like I keep 3d printed figures of the characters around or anything....

9_inch_gael_the_slave_knight_final_print

I was actually admiring your new profile picture and header image :D very fancy! And ha, that figure is 3D printed!? Is it SLA printed by any chance?

Also hey, let me know if you do get that Revo Kplus 101, I'd very much like to know how it is as I may end up getting one eventually!

1 hour ago, Buzz said:

I was actually admiring your new profile picture and header image :D very fancy! And ha, that figure is 3D printed!? Is it SLA printed by any chance?

Also hey, let me know if you do get that Revo Kplus 101, I'd very much like to know how it is as I may end up getting one eventually!

Yep the figure is 3d printed and its not sla printed its regular printed in multiple parts, put together and then painted.

I'll double check for you but yh I really like it, it's as detailed as the offical figures I have for the dark souls franchise but since its custom build you can have any character or idea from anything.

I know someone on etsy as well and he does them for really good price basically charges only as much as it costs to make nothing more so usually around 60-80 depending on how large you have it.

Ofc will do regarding the Custom Revo Kplus I just want to test it out with Dingux apparently the custom emulators are great on it but the snes one isnt perfect and has some drops in games so hopefully the community over on dingoonity can optimise the emulator for it.  If I decide to get it should be able to get it next day so Ill update on how it goes when I do ^^

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MrSandMan17 said:

Yep the figure is 3d printed and its not sla printed its regular printed in multiple parts, put together and then painted.

crazy detail for a 3D print, I'm accustomed to seeing the print lines on everything lol. And I look forward to hearing more about the Revo, none of my stuff is shipping damnit... the guy was supposed to ship my 1up yesterday and get back to me with the tracking but didn't, and my gameboy is taking forever to ship!!! I want my retro gaming damnit!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Buzz said:

crazy detail for a 3D print, I'm accustomed to seeing the print lines on everything lol. And I look forward to hearing more about the Revo, none of my stuff is shipping damnit... the guy was supposed to ship my 1up yesterday and get back to me with the tracking but didn't, and my gameboy is taking forever to ship!!! I want my retro gaming damnit!

Yh it can get supper annoying it's why I strayed away over time from dealing with alot of places unless I had no other options, now I try to stick to amazon for next day delivery and the fact they are really good for honouring warranties.  Worst I had was waiting a year and a half for the gcw zero from kickstarter from when it was meant to ship only for the dpad to break after a month xD I laugh now but inside I was crying. 

• Like 1

There may be replies this thread. Create an account or sign in to read and/or comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Important Information

Please accept/review our Terms of UsePrivacy PolicyWe have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. policies!