• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

I recently purchased the Sliq Nintendo Switch Joy Con Controller Play N Charge Grip Kit from Amazon. This is a small review of that product.

dualjoyconreviewjonny.jpg

There are loads of JoyCon grips that are used to make an individual JoyCon more comfortable and to increase playtime for multiplayer sessions. Choosing the right one for you can be a drag. Take this review with a grain of salt, because I have only tried this one product. I have nothing to compare it to, but I have no need to! This product has given me exactly what I was looking for. I have large hands, as do most of my buddies that I game with. After just a few races on MarioKart or matches on Streetfighter, we would all be setting down the controller and stretching our hands and fingers to prevent them from cramping. My one pal actually suffered a pretty debilitating hand cramp during a particularly heated match between Ryu and Chun-Li, and lost the match because of it. So, I made the decision to try out one of these products intended to remedy this problem. After some searching, I decided to not buy the cheapest option, but to instead purchase a relatively newer product that contained features that attracted my attention. The Sliq Kit has flipper-style 'SL' & 'SR' buttons and charges your JoyCon while playing. These respond incredibly well and alleviate the loose feel of the original buttons found on the JoyCon Slide piece. It also has a hole in the back to allow access to the 'Z' button.  The controller is 'locked' into place by a hinged joint on the top that secures your JoyCon into place to prevent mid-game slippage, which is an issue with similar products based on user reviews. The hand-feel is very nice, with a smooth plastic and a matte style finish. Your JoyCons will begin charging as soon as they are locked in, and since the grips have an LED charging display, you can tell they are in fact receiving an electrical charge.

I have had these grips for a couple weeks now, and have used them a total of around 10 hours. Everyone who experiences them agrees; the difference is significant. The hand fatigue is no longer an issue, whatsoever. We can now game until the sun comes up! I bought them on sale for $16.99, and although the actual retail price is now $24.99, I still think they are worth every penny. If you game with friends more than once in a while, go ahead and pick these up. 

Score: 10/10 Perfect product. No complaints at all!

Pros: All the things

Cons: They only come in black? EDIT- After further using these grips, concerns are growing based on their durability. The hinged top part seems a little fragile. Nothing has broken yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if the hinge itself broke over time, or if the flimsy wire connection for the charging feature were to short out or come loose. 

Edited by Jonny B. Goode
made some changes :) for homepage
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Nice review! Hopefully this solves the problem people have with their joycons (joycon?).

• Thanks 1

There may be replies this thread. Create an account or sign in to read and/or comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now