• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Jonny B. Goode

NEW RELEASES - Outlast: Bundle of Terror

SAY WHA????!?!?!?! 

That's right, folks! Outlast: Bundle of Terror is coming to the Switch and surprising the blood and guts out of everyone. It first popped up unannounced on the European eShop, and is set to release in the US shortly after. This bundle version of the game comes with the DLC Whistleblower, which serves as a prequel to the original game.  Outlast 2 is also on its way to the Switch later in the year. I am a huge horror nerd, but never got around to picking up this game. Resident Evil, Dead Space, The Evil Within, & Silent Hill are some of my all time favorites, not to mention my deep and everlasting Stephen King obsession, so it is pretty fair to say that I will probably be buying this game. Unless, of course, someone here can persuade me not to!

I would love to hear from anyone who has played it and whether or not it is A) a game worth playing, and B) a good candidate for a Switch port. 

• Like 2

What are you Ghandi from Clone high xD 

As for the games they are essentially high quality indie titles for horror that came at a time  when the horror genre was lacking and in dire need or a revival and it just did that.

Now whilst the 1st game has some obvious flaws such as jump scare moments that come off as funny when the animation loops and some of the "events" Seeming a bit underwhelming at times. Overall the game is filled with a great atmosphere and sound accompanied by a nice albeit gimmicky aspect of the cam-recorder both for capturing footage and used to see in the dark at the cost of battery life.

Overall I guess I would say its a flawed but fun time and a worthy entry to any horror fans library. Especially considering its an indie devs attempt it looks amazing and sounds it too.

Now as for Outlast 2 they polished the graphics and sound even more so thanks to a higher budget and it really shows!

The environments are more varied so less repetitive and more open ended making for some new game play elements which again are flawed, alot of people find this a black sheep since it has some issues where you'll find yourself getting stuck very early on and unsure of what to do.

If you manage to get past the start of Outlast 2 and the early flaws the game develops and gets alot better from there. 

So as long as your good at stealth and play very patiently you'll have no problems there.

All in all though a great franchise and a great staple to what horror games should be and they serve as a great well to show how we dont need Triple AAA developers to make great games. 

So with all that done and said are the games worth your time? Absolutely without a doubt, no games perfect but this is certainly on the spectrum of great than bad 8/10 overall around that area.

That is if your a fan of horror, stealth and story atmosphere over pure game play and action of course ;) 

Based on your opinions towards Stephen kings work Im sure you will feel at home here!

As for the switch port, I cant say it would benefit from the switch I mean dont get me wrong survival horror can work portable sure, revelations 3ds worked wonderfully but Id always recommend a dark room late at night with a quiet ambience. 

Still the switch gives the best of both and as long as its optimised well I see no reasons to persuade you other wise than to give it a shot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've been meaning to pick this up, was always too scared though lol. The switch may be the perfect console for this! I don't have the gonads to play on a TV 😂

• Haha 1

There may be replies this thread. Create an account or sign in to read and/or comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now