1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Light-up Switch Docks

Discussion in 'Frontpage News' started by Jonny B. Goode, Oct 26, 2017.

By Jonny B. Goode on Oct 26, 2017 at 6:08 PM
  1. Jonny B. Goode

Jonny B. Goode Active Member

So, I was browsing Switch Accessories on Amazon and came across these little beauties. There isn't a whole lot of information to go off of, except that they will be released on November 10th, 2017 and that there are two designs to choose from: the Mario: Odyssey and Zelda: BotW. It would appear that regardless of the design you choose, that the LEDs will be able to change into a variety of 17 different colors and patterns. The price tag is $19.99 which I think is reasonable considering a lot of other accessories for our beloved console are on the higher end. The only thing that concerns me is how large is the LED device and does it make the small and inconspicuous dock a lot larger? I love how the dock looks nestled next to my PS4 with, or without the Switch docked, and I worry that while this device makes the dock more aesthetically pleasing, it will also take up a lot more space. The only phots of this device are from a straight on angle. 61NxcF2secL._AC_.jpg

I think that this is a very cool product and I hope to learn more about it soon. Let me know what you all think and if you could see yourself purchasing one. 716TaEUus-L._AC_.jpg

Diego7000, Fiscus, JNASTY and 2 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'Frontpage News' started by Jonny B. Goode, Oct 26, 2017.

1. MrMischief
      MrMischief
      Have you ever gone to a tourist trap and seen where they have a photo etched into glass or plastic? the outside is smooth but inside it's etched somehow. They then shine LEDs through the glass..... I imagine that's what this is. If I'm right it'll probably be a few centimeters thick.

This ones below are fairly thick because they're designed to be fancy stand alone things, but the effect can be made thinner. With what they're showing on the switch, there's no depth in the image so it can be fairly thin.

IMG_4233.jpg
      Jonny B. Goode likes this.
    2. Buzz
      Buzz
      those are all so insanely cool, thanks for sharing guys! I may have to get some!
    3. 5usa1
      5usa1
      The Zelda design is so much better as i dont like having brands on stuff like that so the zelda pattern is better
    4. jjensen123
      jjensen123
      Definitely buying this for my Switch
    5. JNASTY
      JNASTY
      I’m not really crazy about either of the designs, but the idea seems really cool! I’d certainly be interested in getting one of another design... but only if someone else on here got one first and it was recommended. The giant Elvis poster, on the other hand, is a day one purchase.
    6. YuanShen123
      YuanShen123
      The zelda one looks sick
    7. kirstentpruitt
      kirstentpruitt
      I feel like the lights while heat up the console and potentially damage it over time...
    8. Fiscus
      Fiscus
      You don't like having brands on your stuff....... so the other brand is better?
    9. Jonny B. Goode
      Jonny B. Goode
      Well, Super Mario is a brand name. The Sheikah symbol on the Zelda themed dock light is more ambiguous. If you've never played the game, you might not know that symbol, whereas everyone on the plant knows who Super Mario is. It's like having a tshirt with the logo for a tv show vs having one with just a random character or reference on it. (i.e. Parks & Recreation Tshirt vs Mouse Rat tshirt)
    10. Fiscus
      Fiscus
      Yeah, I guess you're right.

Can you link to the page where you found these, @Jonny B. Goode and @MrMischief? I kinda want to buy something like that.
      Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2017
      Diego7000 likes this.
    11. MrMischief
      MrMischief
    12. Gungnir
      Gungnir
      Wow these look incredible. Definitely have to pick one up
    13. csullivan
      csullivan
      Looks awesome, definitely getting these.