1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Article NBA 2K18: "all your gigs are belong to me"

Discussion in 'Nintendo Switch' started by MrMischief, Sep 16, 2017.

By MrMischief on Sep 16, 2017 at 10:34 PM
  1. MrMischief

MrMischief Mod Team

NBA 2K18 will be the first game on the Switch that will require an install from the physical cartridge in order to function. According to Nintendo's support site there will be a 16GB download required to play the game. In addition, each save file will require another 5 GB file that must be stored on the internal memory. So even if you buy the physical copy, you will be using approximately 21GB of internal storage (about 28GB if you choose digital purchase). Remember 5GB of that must be on the internal storage for every saved game. That is nearly 20% of your internal storage space!

It appears that 2K is trying to save themselves money by opting for the smallest game cart size Nintendo offers rather than the more expensive to produce 32 GB cart. Is this a sign of things to come? Will we be seeing developers using the smallest cart to save money and sticking the gamer with the cost of downloading a large file and purchasing large SD cards?

take-two-interactive-to-support-the-nintendo-switch-in-the-long-run.png

Comments

Discussion in 'Nintendo Switch' started by MrMischief, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Fiscus
      Fiscus
      I hope that doesn't happen. I would be pissed if Skyrim or The escapists took up that much hard drive space. I guess the devs behind 2k realised that playgrounds did horribly, and switched to the cheaper carts to cut their losses.