1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nintendo Direct Mini- Watch it Here!

Discussion in 'Frontpage News' started by Jonny B. Goode, Jan 11, 2018 at 3:10 PM.

By Jonny B. Goode on Jan 11, 2018 at 3:10 PM
  1. Jonny B. Goode

Jonny B. Goode Active Member

Here we go!

Potatogun likes this.

Comments

Discussion in 'Frontpage News' started by Jonny B. Goode, Jan 11, 2018 at 3:10 PM.

1. Potatogun
      Potatogun
      I'm not sure whether I'm more excited for Kirby or Donkey Kong. I really enjoyed Tropical Freeze on teh Wii U (but never owned it), but Kirby looks so great.
    2. JNASTY
      JNASTY
      Overall, I thought the presentation was great. However, I’m very disappointed in the lack of VC announcements. I’m somewhat disappointed because there are a few VC games that I’m still waiting to play, but mostly I’m disappointed in Nintendo’s business approach regarding this issue. I know, I know, who am I to question Nintendo’s approach? Nevertheless, I ask you to humor me for a moment...
      I find myself playing the role of salesman all the time. When I go to social events, I bring my Switch because frankly, it's a good conversation starter. I am such a big fan, so I naturally try to influence others to pick one up. Often, however, the first question people ask is "Does it play the classic games?"
      "Well... no."
      At this point, I can see their interest waning. I know this is just a small sample size, but I do feel that Nintendo is losing some business by holding the VC back.

I have such a backlog of platformers to get through, I cannot really get excited about Tropical Freeze. I know everyone says it's great, and I will get to it some day. On the other hand, I'm most excited about a game everyone says is terrible, Hyrule Legends. It looks like a lot of mindless fun, and I am looking forward to the multiplayer. I hope this won't get me killed, but... I have no interest in Kirby whatsoever.
    3. MrMischief
      MrMischief
      Well... you're wrong though. It has all those Neo Geo games on it and there are the arcade classics.....

stupid nintendo, hurry up with the VC already. I stopped buying VC on the Wii U after the Switch announcement because I figured I'd be moving it all to the Switch shortly after launch. A year later, still no word on VC. *sigh*
      JNASTY likes this.
    4. Jonny B. Goode
      Jonny B. Goode
      Keep in mind, ladies and gents, that this was only a Nintendo Direct "Mini." I believe they have a bunch more up their sleeves, what with the success of the Switch as it is, because they have to maintain the buzz. This super-popular new system is great and it's great for Nintendo, but Nintendo now needs to regularly entice new costumers who may be 'waiting' for what they want from it. That's why there was no VC, no Metroid, etc. in my humble opinion. Just be patient. They have more up their sleeves.
    5. JNASTY
      JNASTY
      Maybe I’m just not a good salesman; I tried explaining the Mario Arcade Classics to the last person who showed interest, and I made him even more confused.
      I know the history is there, I know there is some online evidence of another one coming soon, and maybe I am being overly pessimistic, but I think this is the last we will hear from Nintendo for at least a couple of months. I feel that they chose the mini style because that’s all they have to report.