1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nintendo Switch 5.0 Firmware Update Leaked!?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Switch' started by JNASTY, Jan 6, 2018.

By JNASTY on Jan 6, 2018 at 2:58 AM
  1. JNASTY

JNASTY Well-Known Member

Possible Switch Version 5.0
    Is it real?
    What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'Nintendo Switch' started by JNASTY, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Snoopy187
      Snoopy187
      I don't see why it wouldn't be real
    2. JNASTY
      JNASTY
      There are actually a lot of reasons to believe that it is not genuine. For example, some people on the Internet have pointed out text discrepancies. Additionally the file sizes shown do not match the actual sizes of the games. Furthermore, it doesn’t just improve some areas; it actually delivers everything the fans have been asking for, thereby appearing unrealistic. With Nintendo’s history of slowly rolling things out, could we really expect them to deliver so much in one fell swoop?

In fact, the only thing that makes me think that it might be genuine is that Nintendo needs to hit a home run, and they need to hit it early in the year. Nintendo was the hot gadget of 2017, but consumers quickly move on, and word of mouth diminishes.

On the other hand, is this the home run that Nintendo needs? Wouldn’t a Nintendo direct outlining several big first-party games get more people talking than a firmware update (albeit an impressive one)?

This brings me back to my original point in that it feels too much like fan service to be genuine.
      Jonny B. Goode and Buzz like this.
    3. Jonny B. Goode
      Jonny B. Goode
      Well thanks for being so realistic and totally crushing my excitement, Nasty. Brought me back down to Earth. You make lots of good points here...
      MrMischief likes this.
    4. JNASTY
      JNASTY
      The odd thing is, if we don’t get everything in that video (and every big game I can think of), I’m going to be disappointed.
    5. Jonny B. Goode
      Jonny B. Goode
      I read this morning that it was indeed fake. The guy who created it admitted it was fake...
    6. JNASTY
      JNASTY
      I saw that too, and surprisingly, I wasn't that disappointed. In the past, in spite of my questions about the authenticity, I would have hyped myself up so much that the news of the fake would be crushing. Perhaps writing about it on Nintendo Radar is a type of therapy.
      Jonny B. Goode likes this.