1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Article Nintendo Switch Online app is out

Discussion in 'Nintendo Switch' started by MrMischief, Jul 19, 2017.

By MrMischief on Jul 19, 2017 at 3:28 AM
  1. MrMischief

MrMischief Mod Team

hac-ss-onlineapp-splatnet.png
    The Nintendo Switch Online app is available for iOS and Android devices.

The app is currently compatible with the Splatoon 2 game, giving players the ability to access SplatNet 2, invite friends to online matches, and voice chat during various game modes. Both the app's functionality and online play are free, where available, until the Nintendo Switch Online service launches in 2018.

With the app and the Splatoon 2 game, you can access SplatNet 2 to see your online play stats, check out upcoming game stages, and more.

You can also invite friends who have the game to Private Battles, League Battles, Salmon Runs, and Splatfest Battles via social media and other services. When players are invited to a game, they'll get an instant notification on their smart device.

The app lets you chat with friends in your Splatoon2 online lobby and then talk to your teammates to coordinate strategy during the online match.

Comments

Discussion in 'Nintendo Switch' started by MrMischief, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Fiscus
      Fiscus
      That sounds amazing! Sad it doesn't work with Mariokart tho
    2. MrMischief
      MrMischief
      I don't know. I'm pretty negative about it. On the Wii U my buddies and I would just set up a facebook call to talk while we played Splatoon. This app doesn't seem to add much more than what facebook or skype or a myriad of other services already provide. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will improve over time, but right now it's a bit disappointing.
      Buzz and Awkward_Fantasy like this.
    3. Awkward_Fantasy
      Awkward_Fantasy
      This. I'm still upset that you need this app for voice chat >:/
      Buzz likes this.
    4. Fiscus
      Fiscus
      @MrMischief if I'm on splatwoon and want to play with anyone who is not currently on, this is a way. That's why I like it

Cause I don't have the whole site's WhatsApp
      Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2017
    5. MrMischief
      MrMischief
      That's a fair point and I will probably like the app for that. It annoys me when I see a friend is online playing Zelda and I want to shoot them a message that says "Mk?" and I have no way of doing it on the Switch.
    6. Fiscus
      Fiscus
      Yeah. Me too. That's why I want mk to have compatibility with the app
    7. Dasa_hun
      Dasa_hun
      Why do the switch need an app to voicechat? Why can't use the switch only? Ridiculous
    8. Jsquires88
      Jsquires88
      It seems a little weird that they don't have it on the system but on an app on your phone. Its only good to talk to someone if they aren't playing right then and to set up a time later to play together
    9. Faenur
      Faenur
      Any other games confirmed with support? Personally not so much of an Splatoon fan...
    10. MrMischief
      MrMischief
      Nothing else is supported yet. I haven't been paying attention to rumors so I have no idea what else is supposed to come to the app yet.
    11. Diego7000
      Diego7000
      Oh there are indeed more things but... I am too lazy to be bothered to actually do stuff
    12. JNASTY
      JNASTY
      I am actually too lazy to even try it out. I downloaded as soon as it was available and haven't opened it since. I don't have friends anyway, so I doubt it would be much use.
      Diego7000 likes this.
    13. MrMischief
      MrMischief
      I've gotten most (all?) of my gear on splatoon through the app, so it's maybe useful for that. It was recently updated so that voice chat will stay active even in the background, so that's a huge improvement..... but yeah really I don't use the app for much.
      Diego7000 likes this.