1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nintendo Switch's Online Service Will Be $20/Year.

Discussion in 'Nintendo Switch' started by J0ra, Jun 2, 2017.

By J0ra on Jun 2, 2017 at 5:04 AM
  1. J0ra

J0ra Member

Nintendo Switch’s online service will cost $20/year and will launch at some point in 2018, the publisher said today. Playing Switch games online will be free until the service launches.
    You can also get a one-month subscription for $4 and a three-month subscription for $8.

Nintendo Switch Online subscribers will have ongoing access to a library of classic games with added online play. Users can play as many of the games as they want, as often as they like, as long as they have an active subscription.
    jolsp3s9d67xceweom7a.png

Comments

Discussion in 'Nintendo Switch' started by J0ra, Jun 2, 2017.

• Tags:
    1. Snoopy187
      Snoopy187
      A really good rate
    2. Fenrirslairpainting
      Fenrirslairpainting
      Depending on the size and content of the classic library then yeah it could be decent.
    3. Hullop
      Hullop
      Thats pretty good actually
    4. Jonny B. Goode
    5. MrMischief
      MrMischief
      I'm starting to become scared of this online library. Are they going to do that instead of the VC we've had before? Will I not be able to port all the titles I've paid for on the Wii and Wii U over to the Switch?
      simonh2000 likes this.
    6. JNASTY
      JNASTY
      I'm beginning to think everything about the Switch was custom designed for me. Everything about this announcement was a big plus for me. I even really like the fact that voice chat is through mobile app. It's a bit selfish, but I never use chat, so I'd rather it not take processing power away from the games themselves.
    7. JPrivady
      JPrivady
      I have the same reasoning as yours. I'm been a PC gamer for years now, and the Switch is, so far, the best complement I could acquire: it's portable, cheap (in relative terms) and has strong first-party games. It's perfect for me as well.
    8. JNASTY
      JNASTY
      I think your concern is most likely justified. The lack of any clear news on the VC makes me think they are going with a different approach. My guess would be that there will still be the ability to download said games, but they will be "deluxe" versions and thereby not subject to transfer.
    9. simonh2000
      simonh2000
      This. They better include the GC one, too.
    10. Awkward_Fantasy
      Awkward_Fantasy
      Nintendo confirmed that the Classic Games Selection will Not replace the VC. For those who are wandering.
      simonh2000 and JNASTY like this.
    11. fuzzygdog
      fuzzygdog
      Sounds better Than PlayStation network's $50 xD
    12. bee4545
      bee4545
      yes i agree looks like they are going a bit cheap considering u needed to pay $299 or £239.40 or €265.22 depending where u live after u pay that (u probably bought legend of zelda breath of the wild or mario kart 8 or both and some other games then for an extra 20 a year for online service seems like nintendo is just trying to milk out money out of peopl
    13. UnitedEntertainment
      UnitedEntertainment
      or xbox live gold
    14. Richie
      Richie
      I hope that the connex gonna be better , sometimes the connex is bad when u play online multiplayer , like Mario kart deluxe ,
    15. Fiscus
    16. Ben Mickelson
      Ben Mickelson
      Pretty reasonable if you ask me. If it came with a free subscription to Pokemon Bank, I'd do that in a heartbeat. As it is, I'll wait until there's a game that my friends and I specifically want to play together.
    17. Fiscus
      Fiscus
      Pokemon bank is AMAZING
    18. Diego7000
      Diego7000
      I am pretty upset they will be charging online play but 20 dollars a YEAR is pretty reasonably
    19. Fiscus
      Fiscus
      How else would nintendo afford better servers?
    20. Diego7000
      Diego7000
      True...
    21. Richie
      Richie
      I hope that they make the servers little bit better ,
    22. Kostasx24
      Kostasx24
      Sadly ever since the Xbox had made it obligational to pay membership in order to play online, all the other companies want to follow its lead. Hopefully for us Nintendo decided to have a cheaper membership fee unlike Xbox and Playstation ( 15$ per month)
    23. tman4450
      tman4450
      This is really affordable, I can't wait to see this service in action, only thing is online play won't be free.....