1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sonic Forces Can't Quite Keep Up (5/10 says Polygon.com)

Discussion in 'Frontpage News' started by Jonny B. Goode, Nov 6, 2017.

By Jonny B. Goode on Nov 6, 2017 at 3:18 PM
  1. Jonny B. Goode

Jonny B. Goode Active Member

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzS5QsCJmR7XNlq5wwzYG0LE1C5KT-ydzaCuqqAEdKowYrIVBuPA.jpg
    The new Sonic the Hedgehog title Sonic Forces has many of the series' fans very excited, while others are a little wary of the brand new, fast-paced, game. The game releases tomorrow (11/7) and Polygon has just published their review of the game. The score given is an embarrassing 5/10... While the game appears to have many flaws, I wonder how well it will sell, considering that the game is focused on one of video games' most iconic characters, our favorite little blue dude. The Polygon review brings up several good points on where the game is lacking. However, the article refers to the appeal the game has to those who are MEGA-FANS of the series in general, noting the ability to create your own character from the Sonic universe. If that is all this game has to offer, then, will people still play it? Is this game doomed due to its many limitations? Read the article here and leave a comment as to how you feel about it.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/11/5/16609838/sonic-forces-review

Comments

Discussion in 'Frontpage News' started by Jonny B. Goode, Nov 6, 2017.

1. MrMischief
      MrMischief
      So Sega still hasn't learned. I'm not surprised. They've been turning out terrible products or making terrible business decisions for many years. I don't know why anyone would still blindly support them. If you tell me "Nintendo has a new...." I feel that I can throw my money at it and walk away with a quality product. But if you tell me "Sega has a new...." I need to look at it closely before deciding if it's worth any money at all.
      Jonny B. Goode likes this.
    2. Jonny B. Goode
      Jonny B. Goode
      So true.
    3. Buzz
      Buzz
      That logo and art style though, looks like something out of communist Russia during the cold war.
      Potatogun and MrMischief like this.
    4. Potatogun
      Potatogun
      Not altogether unexpected. Nevertheless, I did hope that Forces might be a bit better than my former expectations. Maybe it is in some respects.

Perhaps Sonic Team is too ambitious for their own good. They struggle making original gameplay. Hit or miss. To be fair, Sonic's sense of speed can be hard to capture and distill into a 3D game, I suppose. But they proved they could do it with Generations and Colors. Not as perfectly as 2D Sonic. Nevertheless, Generations remains my favorite Sonic game.
      Jonny B. Goode likes this.