1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who is ready for some Yooka-Laylee?

Discussion in 'Frontpage News' started by Jonny B. Goode, Nov 28, 2017.

By Jonny B. Goode on Nov 28, 2017 at 4:31 PM
  1. Jonny B. Goode

Jonny B. Goode Active Member

maxresdefault-13.jpg
    Remember Banjo-Kazooie? One of Nintendo 64's most unique and delightfully fun titles now has its own successor: Yooka-Laylee!
    Instead of a bear/bird combo, this new platformer sets its main characters as a chameleon and a bat who must work together to achieve their end goals. The game was originally released in April for other consoles, but will be released on the Switch on December 14, 2017. IGN scored it at 7/10 while Steam rated it at a 9/10. Polygon, the source of my article, rated it at just a 5.5 upon its original release. Now, I personally think that a game like this is perfect for the Switch and would've sold better and received better reviews if it were an exclusive, or at least Switch ready upon its original release. I plan on picking up this game ASAP. Why? Because Banjo-Kazooie was amazing. Because I am still a 10 year old at heart. Because it is cute as hell. Because my wife will play it, too. That's why.

What do you think, Internet?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2017

Comments

Discussion in 'Frontpage News' started by Jonny B. Goode, Nov 28, 2017.

1. jottog
      jottog
      I haven't played it personally but I know lots of people who were so excited for this game, especially the lovers of Banjo-Kazooie, and were really let down. Personally, I love the idea of keeping the 3D platforming genre alive and I think the switch would be a great way to port that! I guess we'll just have to see how it goes, but I'd like to say I'm on your side (if you have one).
      Jonny B. Goode likes this.